Friday, August 25, 2006

the meeting

finally, it's been a long while since the 3 evils met up for a girls night out.. yeah, long indeed...three girls at 3 different points of our lives...one changing to a new job environment, another facing reality of what's gonna be hers will be hers and another still deciphering as to whether there's a possibility with a particular someone...still clinging...but not as obsessively as before...

it was a hot night...hot as in the weather...the guys had a house party to attend, us girls went to chill at bala...darling joined us for a short while later...we were discussing about my birthday..yup...my birthday...freaking 29th birthday before i turn 30 next year. the BIG 30...still single, still lost...but prettier and slightly wiser...more bitchy and still alcoholic...well...basically still searching and finding myself...

so darling being sweet and all said that he's gonna sponsor an alaskan snow crab, oysters, cod fish...loads of seafood and sashimis for an advance birthday party at my place...it all boils down to me...coz...we'd be chilling at my rooftop and either cooking or bbqing the seafood...and me being lazy and all said 'wah lauz...celebrating my birthday and i have to cook?! Crazy right?!' ET then said 'Well, we can BBQ'...then i said..'Who's gonna clean up the bbq 'pit' after the party? Not me hor...'

Then we found out also that the Alaskan snow crab is actually alive and coz it's being packed in ice, it will be hibernating...so the debate continues..

me: Who's gonna kill the crab?
Angie: Very easy one, just put it in the fridge, it will die liao..
Darling: It's alive lor...it's from Alaska...it will just hibernate in the fridge..
Me: Okie, then we cook it in a pot...
Sharon: But the crab is damn freaking big lor...you have to have a damn big pot.
me: I am not gonna kill crab on my birthday..
Angie: Okie, then two people just keep hitting it or something. Then wear slipper and step on the head and just keep hitting it...
me: Ok, then you two do it...no way i'm gonna kill that giant crab.

So, we have yet to derive a conclusion...the thought of the seafood party is damn tempting...we'd prolly eat shit loads of seafood till we stink of fish and stuff...darling calls it the seafood hamper...okie...let me consider...judging from the once in a lifetime possibility of having the chance to eat an ALASKAN SNOW CRAB...okie..i will consider damn hard...

For now, i'd just retire to bed...thank god it's FRIDAY already...looks like the week ended not so badly afterall...and i am still stuck in the freaking water stage...tmd...

check this out...COLD sent it...guess that's where he got his occasional weird sense of humour..

English Lessons Jap style

No comments: