Wednesday, June 21, 2006

crazy month of June II

Anyhow...went back to work today...goodness me...when i thought that i had recovered, another irritation occurred. I have an infected wisdom tooth...bottom left corner and it hurts to the core...and i seriously mean core...it's this intense trobbing pain that just keeps gawning at you...as much as i try to ignore the pain..it's just bloody there...making it's existence known at each and every minute of my waking and sleeping moments...i realised it is something i just cannot bear...gee...and i guess my threshold of pain is only this much...

It started on Tues...sliently...but it was a hint that i should have gone to the dentist earlier...it was this zapping feeling in the tooth that just slightly jolted me suddenly with a short sharp pain...and i chose to ignore...stubborn as i always am and worried that if i really had to extract the tooth, i'd have to take more mcs...already we are short handed, and my work is accumulating...i couldnt take more mcs, i had to go back...so i didnt go to the dentist, so i decided to sleep it off and went to work today. Taking some pain killers that were given to me sometime ago for the same problem...the effect lasted for like 6 hours, the most, and the throbbing pain just keep repeating itself...going on and on that i just could not ignore it...i finally decided to make a last minute appointment with the dentist at Marine Crescent where i used to stay...i am glad i made that decision instead of coming home and sleep it off again...thank goodness that everyone kept edging me to go...i was lucky that i was slotted for the last appointment slot...else i might not be able to sleep tonight...

And there i was...2nd time on the dentist chair...i felt nervous..wonder what's gonna happen..Dr Deborah Khan assisted me and i was really impressed...she was fast with her diagnosis and immediately told me that she had to clean the infected area and she was unable to do extraction coz if she were to do so, the infection might spread and i'd end up worse...so she said she'd do some cleaning...OMG! I nearly died!! She mentioned that the cleaning was going to make me even more painful, so i thought it's coz the gums had to be lifted as such the reason for the pain...sheesh, i didnt expect that she did such a 'thorough' cleaning that it hurts like mad..when the drill went to the teeth and i hear the drilling sound i felt the drill went closer to my nerves....i was like...i cannot take it liao!! It was an uncomfortable feeling...the feeling like the drill is reaching somewhere empty and yes she should stop and not moved further!!! It was scary...and yes..pain...there's pain and fear...wah lauz..i hate it...my left cheek felt numb after the whole ordeal...hell..half my tongue felt numb as well...i cannot imagine the extraction process..and i am trying my best not to...

What was most interesting was that Dr Khan said i had to do my own cleaning for the next couple of days so that the swelling will reduce and i can go for the minor surgery for the extraction of the wisdom tooth...and i wondered, how do i do my own cleaning? Just gargle right? Ok, that's simple i can do it...Then she asked the nurse to bring a syringe...i was thinking...what?! She's going to inject me with something? Please leh...not so scary right? So she said, i will have to show you how to do it and you have to do it yourself...i was like...huh? I am going to do my own injection..machiam like drug addict...so i asked...huh...i have to inject myself? Then she said..no, you just have to do this...i show you. So she went and bent the needle into some sort like a hook..and then thereafter, she seemed to have inserted the needle into the gum...so i asked her...har..must insert the needle into the gum?? And she said, no lah...no injection...you just put it underneath the gum so that it can reach the tooth and from there, squeezing the liquid will help clean the area...now you try...from this i concluded i have pretty steady hands, and i succeeded with my first try...

So i brought home a syringe from the clinic... HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!..and was told that i should have the wisdom tooth extracted asap when the swelling is reduced...because it's a minor surgery and they need to check my xray...depending on how complex the procedure is, it ranges from $450 and above and i can claim from my medisave...so i asked if it will exceed 1K, the nurse didn't say it would and of course repeat the same thing when asked what's the final cost...and thus, that has always been the reason why i refused extraction and rather wait for the pain to go off naturally...but now, i really cannot tahan...i better get rid of it man...yah next week...but when...haiz...no days are likely to be good days...the inside of my mouth is like numb...and seems like the pain is spreading it's wings all the way...i even have problem talking...and my head is like throbbing with the pain as well...i feel terrible...Let's hope that i will be ok and the operation goes smoothly...haizz...i will keep all updated...and yes...what a crazy month of June it is...will take a pic of the syringe when i am done with the cleaning!

No comments: